Fire and Smoke Damage
Emergency remediation and restoration from the most trusted team in North Carolina.
The long-term effects of fire and smoke on a home or business depend greatly on the immediacy and quality of the remediation. Due to their acidic composition, the longer soot and residue remain in place, the more potent their odors and more difficult their removal. Wasted time also gives them an opportunity to spread throughout your property and penetrate deeply into materials. Fire and smoke restoration must begin immediately following the emergency, and performed by highly credentialed experts like the trusted team at AFTERDISASTER.
Since 1992, we have helped home and small business owners in North Carolina remediate fire and smoke damage and restore their properties to pre-disaster conditions quickly and economically.
AFTERDISASTER Post-Fire Action Plan
- Call AFTERDISASTER at (800) 948-0242 to contain and minimize damage.
- Turn off your heating and cooling system to prevent the spread of soot, residue and odors.
- Further contain the damage by closing interior doors and placing towels where air passes through them.
- Ventilate by opening windows and doors.
- Call your insurance company; fully detail the circumstance and the actions you’ve taken to minimize cost.
AFTERDISASTER enters the scene as promptly as possible, immediately activating advanced equipment to:
- Contain soot, residue and odors to prevent further damage.
- Stabilize and secure the structure.
- Salvage surviving contents of the affected space; remove non-salvageable contents. Remediate water damage, if necessary.
- Remove soot and residue.
- Clean and deodorize the space and salvaged contents with powerful yet safe germicidals and antimicrobials.
- Commence structural restoration once emergency services are complete.